Works, then faith?? Wednesday, and I ran (yes, I did).

We have rain! Finally. You wouldn't think I would be happy for rain since we had the 40 days and 40 nights of rain this year, but it's super dry now. It started around 8am and all I wanted to do was crawl back in bed.

I ran 3 hard miles last night in the 97degree heat. I was so depleted afterwards that I could barely stand up once I sat down. I only got up because the a/c went off, and I was sitting in front of the big vent trying to not die. Note to self: buy more pickles so you have juice.

This morning we made it to the track for an hour workout. I got in 1 sweaty mile.  I didn't want to push too hard too soon.
_______________________________________________________________________
Dinner?
I had a bowl of Cocoa DynoBites for dinner, and then a bowl of Cocoa DynoBites for dessert. I really shouldn't be left alone, I eat like a 12yr old when I don't have to adult.

We'll call that a Sad Apron meal. If you'd like more information on the ingredients or how to prepare it, comment below.

I at least made myself a decent iced chai this morning. It's somewhere under that whipped cream.
...hey, I ran ok?
________________________________________________________________________
Don't work it girl.
I am on the verge of picking a new book of the bible for study, but haven't felt the pull to a specific one. Today I was compelled to read Galatians though, and at only 6 chapters, it was an easy one. I think I'll take a few days to go over it again, and see what God is telling me through it. Here is what I picked up on my first pass:

Paul wrote to the faithful at the churches of Galatia, concerned that they may be hearing a false gospel and trying to work out their salvation as opposed to receiving it through faith in Jesus Christ.

If you have accepted Christ, then you are called by Christ. You no longer live, but it is Christ that lives in you. Gal 2:21.

The issue many of us face is works vs faith. In 3:23-25 Paul reminds us that before Christ's sacrifice, we were held under guardianship of the law, but that is no longer! You are free from the law because faith has come! We've now become sons (and daughters) and together are one and heirs. Gal 3:28.

The only thing that we need to do is display our faith working through love. Gal 5:6b. We should use our freedom for love, but not for love of the flesh. It is not a freedom to do whatever we desire, as we naturally desire things of the flesh; but rather a call to use our freedom to further God's kingdom without fear. If we use the freedom of salvation through faith for works of the flesh (i.e. sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies Gal 5:18-21) we will not gain God's kingdom. If we use this freedom for his glory by displaying the fruits of the spirit (i.e. love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control Gal 5: 22-23) we will inherit the kingdom promised to the children of God.

Salvation through faith. Not works. Not works, then faith. Not works or faith. By faith. Works come from the heart, a heart filled with the Spirit because it wants to spread the gospel of love.
________________________________________________________________________

Do you drink pickle juice?

Have you read Galatians?

Comments

  1. I'm a ways from Galatians, I started in Genesis because I'm pretty sure God is ready for me to read the Bible like a novel. That will be a very daunting review for me to write!

    I loved your Blue Apron chopped salad, maybe I'll like your Sad Apron DynoBites. You should blog that soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

That Dam 5k

Race Recap

FRIDAY!!!!!!