I knew he had loved me at one time. I was wishing it was still true, maybe it could be.

As we prepared for the gala ball I couldn't resist approaching him and sharing my feelings. He would be so happy to know that I had fallen for him too. We sat facing each other on the couch while the others gathered for our departure. I slowly made my way to his lap on the couch, and placed my lips next to his ear. "Please love me", I said. "Tell me you still love me, that it isn't too late." He turned slightly, but not quite enough to look me in the eyes. "I'm sorry my dear, it's too late."  I began to sob into his shoulder. "I can fix this, you can fall in love with me again", I begged. But I knew I had missed my chance. My heart ached worse than ever. I had no idea that love, or lack of love, could be so physically painful.

I had to clean my self up. We still had a event to attend. I had gotten to my feet somehow, and while hiding my face, stumbled towards the ladies room. I paused in the hall for just a moment, feeling someone's eyes on me. I looked up slowly to find a man standing a few feet up to my left on a flight of stairs, holding a single rose. It was him! My love! My breath caught in my throat as I tried to speak. "You! It's you!", I whispered. He moved down to me, "Shhh, don't cry. I'm here, and it's has always been me." He took me in his arms and wiped my tears away. I had never been so happy to see my husband in all our lives. How could I have ever left him? No one was better than he, no one loved me more than this man. "What will you do about your date to the ball? What will I do about mine?" I asked. "They are both available to each other now. Let them find the answer." "Hurry, we must go", he urged. "Where are we going?" I asked.

"We are going to live, live our future and forget our past."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Dam 5k

Race Recap

5k,ka,ka,kaput....