Where is this going?

So I'm sunburned tonight. You may not be able to tell, because of all the make up they put on me. They have to use a lot because I'm a vampire. (I've been reading the twighlight saga too much and have come to the conclusion that because I'm pale, like rain, and have the desire to live forever, I obviously have a future meeting with a vampire studmuffin who is my soulmate that I am yet unaware of. But aware of.). But under the make up, just above that vampire thing, is a sunburn. I have a sunburn because it is January. I'm sure you all understand the connection with this. I usually tan once a week in late fall through early winter. But come January, its time to cook. I know that if I burn, it shocks the skin into fight mode, and makes it want to be tan so it can protect itself. Because of how I treat my skin, I can only assume that I am, in fact, a dermatologist. Now, I dont have a fancy degree, or any credentials, but I'm surely right. Right? So there.

The down side is that it makes me look sad, or tired. I have these lines right along my nose that seem to burn more than the rest of my face, and it looks as though I have been crying or blowing my nose alot. You men wouldn't know anything about this crying thing, because you have no feelings. Well, you have feelings, but only when your naked. Or a woman is naked. But then again that is an entirely different thing altogether isn't it?

I tan so that my teeth look whiter. And so my thighs look smoother. I can't quit smoking, because I'll get fat, and I'm way too lazy to work out if I get fat. I tan. It keeps my smile bright and my legs tight (looking). If only I lived in a world where I could walk around all day in a bikini sipping margaritas. Then I wouldn't care what I looked like. Strange how alcohol can make you feel so much better about yourself, unless your a downer drinker, then, you probably should stay away from it.

Why do we feel so bad when we leave a job? Do we really believe that we are the only ones that are capable of doing our job, or do we really feel remorse for those we leave behind with no help? Isn't that THEIR job? To find a replacement? Maybe I'm just different. Ok, I know I'm different, but didn't think I was weird like that. I hate leaving jobs because I get all emotional when people say they will miss me. They should just tell me everyday that they love me more than two moons love the sun. That would be fantastic. But then I do leave, and go somewhere else and I like it or I don't, then I leave again. I recently left my job for another so that I could be closer the the university that I plan to attend in the fall. I have no degree path, just that I want to graduate from college. Whether I am a wedding planner or a turfgrass manager or can inspect pigs for breeding. It makes no difference, I don't plan on getting a job that would require a degree. Being myself cannot be taught with formal education. This is by far the most boring conversation I have ever had.

I rolled over the other night after being sunburned, onto what I thought was a bed of needles. My stomach hurt so bad. Why does the sun make our skin feel as if we have packing tape all over us? Its just the sun! We have skin for a reason. If our skin is meant to protect our insides, shouldn't it do a better job of taking care of itself? Jimminy Christmas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Dam 5k

Race Recap

Boomer Sooner and the lame mile