A weak week, and new feature: Insomnazon

Running news!

I'm in week 3 of marathon training. Total miles for the week: 0. uh.....

I kept to my schedule for weeks 1 and 2, and even ran an extra 1.31 miles on my long run last Saturday. I offset that with 1.31 waffles, 1.31 extra pieces of bacon, and 1.31 extra creamers per cup of coffee. 

I have YTT this weekend, and as per usual I'm behind on practice and homework. I decided to focus on my yoga this week, and catch up on my running next week. I wish I wasn't doing this, because we had 2-3 days in the 70s, so it was great running weather. But, I built 2 extra weeks into my training in case I got off schedule. So lay off!

YTT

You know how most people are afraid of performing in front of strangers? I'm the opposite. I fear my loved ones so badly. I think I'm afraid that they will be more critical because they genuinely want to help me by critiquing me. I don't want that! I want you to just do what I tell you, and not tell me to be better!

I spent last evening with a friend, guiding her through 15 minutes of yoga. It went so great! She may have been more excited to learn than I was that I was teaching. Tonight, we go for round 2.

Insomnazon

I'm creating a new, maybe weekly, feature. Things I buy on Amazon late at night. Sometimes it's because I can't sleep and I think a purchase is a solid idea. Sometimes it falls into the 'emotioning and amazoning' category, when I've been sad or mad, and end up spending money. Nether of these are common to my personality, and have only surfaced in the past 6-8 months.

So, without further adieu, my list of this week's Insomnazon purchases:



 I bought this Rip Curl swimsuit, because I saw a girl on Instagram wearing it.
She looked amazing. Surely I will too, right?

It's January, I should be buying swimsuits.







These are the Undertech Undercover full length, concealed carry leggings. I needed new leggings to run in, that would securely carry my .... running accessory.

They have gotten amazing reviews, and I actually did research on these before ordering.





Yoga by Candace has become one of my favorite websites, yoga YouTube channels, and all around 'people'. She has a quarterly Mantra box (you know, the mail order thing with stuff you need) that I have hem-hawed about buying. I finally took the plunge, and signed up for the next shipment. It's probably going to come with stuff I wouldn't buy, but might use, and some things that may be really neat to have. I don't have any other monthly (or otherwise) shipments anymore, so I thought I would try a new one.


Oh! I do get YL monthly...I forgot about that.




My new Oakley running tights. These babies feel like a wet suit! Thick, but not heavy. Very supportive, and very comfortable.

...yes, I saw them in an Instagram post, so I bought them. They worked out for the good.









I'll do a solid review on the Undertech/Undercover tights, in case any of my running readers need the info. I'll review the Mantra box when it comes in. You may never see a picture of me in the swimsuit. 



I also got some new VS pajamas, 12 amber colored glass bottles with sprayers (for my EO), my new Minzuno WaveRider 20s, and I became a premium member on Spotify.

Check back next week for my review of YTT month 4. Can you believe it's already 4/9?!?!!

_____________________________________________________________________

What did you last buy online?
What's your favorite yoga posture?

Comments

  1. All the things. I buy all the things online these days. Amazon delivered diapers and paper towels and toothpaste just last week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

That Dam 5k

Race Recap

Boomer Sooner and the lame mile