Life lately, on the mat, stuff and things

Ugh......... how many days are there in a work week?

Between setting fires with my mind at work, and my inability to sleep again, the past few weeks have worn on me.

God help me, because I can't seem to help myself.
_______________________________________________________________________
Mat Rat

I've been back on my mat this year. I'm hoping to attend YTT in October so I'm focusing on my practice.

Yoga is weird. I want to do it all day while I'm at the office, but early in the morning, and late in the evening I struggle to find the drive to get down and get yogi.

I'm currently working on toe taps thanks to my Ab'Asanas e-book from Morgan over at the_southern_yogi (check her out on insta!) I'm also working on crow pose. I am dying to get deep into inversions but I need to learn good balance first. Check out my video clip on Instagram here where I didn't do so well a few nights ago. Meh, you gotta laugh at yourself.
 
Did I ever show you my new mat? Here it is! eKO lite by Manduka. Hands down (pun intended) best yoga mats on the market. I do slide a little, but unless my hands are super glued to the floor, I probably always will. 
________________________________________________________________________
Jesus take the lesson plan

In other news, I'm starting a new Sunday School class this Sunday. Let me rephrase that, I'm going to teach a new Sunday School class this Sunday. Let me rephrase THAT, I'm going to attempt to lead a new Sunday School class this Sunday. ...whew. The Lord will need to be in full-on 'go' mode in order to get this wild child through it. Prayers are appreciated, mandatory, and required from all of you. Thank you!
________________________________________________________________________
Essential life

Here is a photo dump of just a snippet of my life over the past few months since I've been breaking from blogging. I've been focusing on the fact that I don't focus on things well. So I've taken time to be in my life a little more, and out here on the line a little less. Suck it up readers, you've survived.

This girl was my other half from 2nd grade until the last quarter of our senior year. She disappeared one day (not literally, there was no man hunt) and I haven't seen her in 14 years and 9 months. She walked through the front door of my brothers house last weekend and my heart exploded. Thank you God for keeping her safe and returning her to her owner. #friendsday



A nice afternoon making new friends, learning new things, and loving life.

How is it possible that even my shadow has the thickest legs of the bunch? Geez.

In case you can't tell, you have a cellphone camera and a 9mm pointed at you.

I ran 7.31 miles 2 weeks ago at the inaugural Trooper Dees Memorial Run. My time was dismal, my feet were heavy, my lungs were burning, but my effort was maxed, and I'm amazing.















There has been a little food here and there. The dude and I are a bit hipster sometimes, ...or maybe more scavenger/lazy....





  Who else can say they have an XYZ post and mean it?




Xena: Warrior Princess is on Netflix...gah!





My mom got 3 Yeti tumblers for Christmas and gave me one. I'm not complaining.








I love zuppa toscana from Olive Garden so I made my own. Sister o'dude inspired me to get after it...I ate too much, and I will do it again.

 _________________________________________________________________

 Do you use the Beauty Mode filter on your phone camera? I've used it A LOT, but didn't notice until now what it's really doing to my pictures. I knew it was smoothing skin and edges, but it's erasing all of my freckles! Those are BEAUTIFUL! I don't want those washed away. If only it would do what I want and smooth out my overbite... stupid technology.

I'm pretty like a bird, just the way I am.





________________________________________________________________________
STUFFS!!!!!!!!!!








I don't believe that tacos are a gateway food. It's just not true. I can stop any time I want.









__________________________________________________________________________

How are you lately?
Did you make resolutions? How many have you already given up on?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Dam 5k

Race Recap

5k,ka,ka,kaput....